The Clerk is elected every four years at the same time as the United States President and serves as one of the seven voting members of the Township Board.
The statutory duties of the clerk are numerous, technical and legally essential to the proper operation of municipal government.
- Maintains the custody of all township records
- Maintains the general ledger
- Prepares all warrants for township checks
- Records and maintains township meeting minutes
- Keeps the township book of oaths
- Prepares special meeting notices
- Publishes board meeting minutes
- Maintains voter registration file & conducts all elections
- Updates and maintains the township ordinance book
- Prepares financial statements
- Must appoint a deputy clerk
- Must post a surety bond
- Maintains Pine Grove Cemetery records and site management